Friday, May 1, 2009

Introduction

Greetings to all new dads, experienced dads, scared dads, tired dads, and whatever type of dad you categorize yourself to be,

I am 24 years old and I have been married to my loving wife Charisse for almost three years. We have a son and daughter -Bishop who is two and Charlee Rose who will be four months tomorrow.

Leo the “family man”...that's me. If you told me growing up that I’d be who and what I am at this point in my life, I probably wouldn't have believed you. I saw myself with kids and a family someday, but that was tucked away under the pile of things I would be when I "grew up". Life happens and unlike a test I could cram for or the gradual process of finishing school, having a family has definitely been a change in my life that I was not ready for. But what man but Mike Brady can really say that they were ready to be married with kids (does anyone know what happened to his first wife by the way??? How come they never talked about the ex's on that show?).

As a heads up the Brady Bunch reference may be a common theme and would show how I’ve relied heavily on mid 1990's TV shows as a guide through marriage and fatherhood.

Hopefully through this process of writing and sharing my experiences as a Young Dad, I can be better able to keep the commitment I made to my wife, not screw up my kids too badly, and help others who may be going through something similar.

Until next time…

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to dad-blogs. FYI~ as far as the Brady's are concerned, they were both widowed. There were no ex's. (my head is full of useless trivia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, welcome to the world of blogging all together! You have a beautiful family. Now just remember where your first comments came from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leo,
    Welcome to the dad-blogs. It's great to have a young man's perspective. I look forward to reading your blog and learning about your beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! A mutual friend referred me to your site because I have a blog site myself and I just wanted to drop you a message. I am not a father yet, but I do hope to be one soon. My wife and I are working towards that, but, until then, I look forward to read what it's like to a young pop.

    Joe
    brosephj.com

    ReplyDelete

Fatherhood Friday

Dad Blogs

Bishop's 1st school presentation